Old Montréal's architectural treasures gleam
As historic and grand as it is, Old Montréal teems with contemporary life among antique beauty, stunning architecture and epic views. The lively main boulevards and quietly charming cobblestone side streets meet at the intersection between times old and new, modern boutiques and gourmet bistros tucked in buildings nearly four centuries old. Explore the cathedrals, chateaus and cobblestone streets for a remarkable look at Montréal’s noble history from the time of colonial New France, then relax and people-watch in a setting backed by the stunning vistas of the St. Lawrence. Whether it’s your first visit or tenth return, Old Montréal’s showstoppers are a definite must.
Signature Montréal experiences
While Old Montréal’s side-streets and back lanes hold enough secrets best revealed over repeat visits, these epic gems of the Vieux-quartier are the city’s pride and joy.
- Marvel at the Notre-Dame Basilica’s glowing interiors.
- Wander the Old Port in the river’s breeze.
- Refresh and refuel on a terrasse on Place Jacques-Cartier.
- Watch historical characters comes to life with Montréal en Histoires - Cité Mémoire.
- Meander down Saint-Paul Street, packed with shops and dining.