Phillips Square

Squares
Downtown

A monument to Edward VII adorns the centre of this tiny park named after its donor, Thomas Phillips (in 1840). In fact, the first downtown stores were located around this Square. Today, we still find the famous Birks jewellery store, housed in a magnificent building (1864), and The Bay department store, originally called the Hudson's Bay Company, founded by the trappers and used as a fur resale outlet.

Phillips Square
Corner of Sainte-Catherine Street West and Union Avenue
Montréal, QC

Downtown
Moments nearby