Marché Bonsecours

Buildings
Old Montréal and Old Port

The Marché Bonsecours was inaugurated in 1847. A symbol of Montréal’s heyday, this imposing building was the city’s main agricultural marketplace for over a century. It also housed a concert hall and even served as a city hall. Its symmetrical composition and Greek Revival portico (the cast-iron columns were brought from England), tin-plated dome and simple and varied details make it a perfect illustration of the neo-classical style in favour at the time. Recent renovations have turned it once again into a bustling marketplace that also features sidewalk cafés, shops and exhibitions.

  • Partner of Montréal Community Sustainable Development Plan 2010-2015
Marché Bonsecours
350 Saint-Paul Street East
Montréal, QC H2Y 1H2

Old Montréal and Old Port
Moments nearby