Ride the Lachine rapids in the city's southwest
The natural wonders of Lachine's Pôle des Rapides in the southwest region of Montréal make the area super fun for fans of river surfing, kayaking and boating, family-friendly cycling and more outdoor activities. A blend of wild nature and urban neighbourhood, Pôle des Rapides is accessible from downtown Montréal by bike and public transit.
Give’r on the river
Located in southwestern Montreal, the Pôle des Rapides is an exceptional, super-accessible area for fans of watersports and other lake- and river-based activities. Shoot the Lachine Rapids in a powerful jetboat or while strapped into a river raft. Rent from a range of boats and go fishing or sailing in Lake Saint-Louis, or anywhere else along this picturesque stretch of the St. Lawrence River. Kayak, canoe, electric boat and pedalboat at numerous locations, including the Lachine Canal. And, on land, discover over 100 kilometres of safe multi-use trails so you can bike, inline skate or walk your way from the edge of the Old Port all the way to Lachine.
Get out and play
Fresh air fun and wild water adventures on the river are great ways to get to know this waterfront neighbourhood.
- Glimpse winged wild things at the Angrignon Park bird sanctuary.
- Take a four-person pedalboat out for a spin at H20 Adventures on the Lachine Canal.
- Fish for pike, walleye and catfish from the shores of Lake Saint-Louis.
- Soak yourself jet-boating in sight of downtown.
- Tandem raft the Lachine Rapids in inflatable kayaks.