Nature rules in Lanaudière
The natural splendour of the Lanaudière region awaits just a straight shot north of Montréal. With a mix of mountains, forests and lakes, Lanaudiere is an outdoorsy type’s perfect getaway, ready for you to fully immerse yourself in its wilderness. The countless cottages for rent in the area are just the beginning – a whole network of camping grounds, outfitters and yurts (if you’re more of a glamping type) awaits. Summer is always a glorious season to plunge into Lanaudière local life, though when the leaves turn in fall, a visit turns breathtakingly beautiful.
Lanaudière’s lay of the land
You’d be hard pressed to find a more varied landscape than Lanaudière, with everything from hike-perfect hills to a vast valley and lakes galore, not to mention the St. Lawrence’s northern bank. So much to explore!
- Stay in a log cabin at outfitter Pavillon Basilière.
- Wow at the waterfalls at Parc regional des Chutes-Monte-à Peine-et-des-Dalles.
- Hike through lush woods in Mont-Tremblant National Park.
- Relax with the water treatments in the Spa Natur’Eau yurt.
- Let world-class classical music wash over you at Festival de Lanaudière.