It’s time to plan your visit to Montréal! Here’s what you need to know
The information below was last updated on September 25, 2023.
We’ve got you covered
We’ve curated detailed travel info and other useful content in the following categories to help direct you to the information you need.
Please click on the relevant link below if...
- You are in Montréal, or planning to visit
- You are a meeting or event planner
- You are a journalist
- You are an industry partner
Welcome back to the city you know and love
Following a thorough, thoughtful and determined response to the COVID-19 pandemic, Montréal is back in action on its many cultural and commercial fronts. The city has opened its arms to all in a manner that is mindful of health and well-being while remaining accessible and exciting in all the ways visitors have come to know and love.
Indeed, the province of Québec prides itself on being one of the safest destinations anywhere in the world. And now is the time to take full advantage of that legendary hospitality as we get back to making the most of what Montréal has to offer!
Basic rules and tips for optimizing your trip
While Montréal is open for business (and, of course, pleasure), there are still a few essential things visitors need to know to ensure a smooth, stress-free travel experience.
Travelling to Montréal
- Good news! All COVID-19 border measures have been lifted, and all international travellers are now eligible to enter Canada, regardless of citizenship
- If you’re planning a road trip to Montréal from the US, be sure to read our comprehensive guide to making a great drive even greater.
- If you’re planning to drive from the Toronto region, don’t load the car before reading these essential road trip pro tips.
Once you’ve arrived in Montréal
- If the lively Montréal that visitors discover on arrival seems almost exactly like the vibrant, pre-pandemic version of itself, that’s because it is.
Official information sources
For specific questions regarding guidelines and government regulations, or about travel to and within Montréal, we recommend consulting these sites for official, up-to-date information.
- Government of Canada: travel and borders
- YUL Montréal-Trudeau International Airport: guidelines for arrivals and departures
- Canada Border Services Agency: travel advisories, border measures
- Ville de Montréal: current situation in Montréal
- Société de transport de Montréal (STM): guidelines for public transit
- VIA Rail: train travel, service status