Église du Gesù
Église du Gesù ("Jesus" in Italian) takes its name from the church in Rome in which Saint Ignatius of Loyola, founder of the Jesuits, is buried. Built in 1865 by the Irish architect Patrick C. Keeley, it is one of the oldest baroque churches in Montréal. Adjacent to the church is the Gésu – Centre de créativité, whose missions through shows and exhibitions brings together spirituality and art. Guided tours of the church are offered during summer.
Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.; Sun, 10 a.m. to noon.
- Guided Tour
Montréal, QC H3B 3J3