Customs information

Personal identification 

Visitors entering Canada must present a valid passport and, in most cases, a visa or an Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA).* It is strongly recommended that you carry your passport with you at all times for identity purposes. Before entering Canada, all visitors are responsible for ensuring that they have the required documents necessary, whether they are travelling through to another country or returning to their country of origin.

For more information, visit Citizenship and Immigration Canada.

*The Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA) is mandatory for visa-exempt foreign nationals who fly to Canada. While U.S. citizens and travellers with a valid visa are exempt, all those with passports from other countries (e.g. Mexico, France, UK) may need to obtain an eTA. You can apply here.