Feel fabulous in Montréal all summer long
The city explodes into action in summer, stirring up a non-stop international-level joyride of live music, comedy, art, cultural activities and fabulous food. The hot outdoors is the place to be in summertime, whether dancing with a sea of festival-goers, gasping at acrobatic circus performers, savouring gourmet fare from a food truck, kicking back on a restaurant's sunny terrace with a drink or picnicking alongside happy Montrealers in the park. And if you really want to heat up a conversation with Montrealers, ask them which season is the best – everyone's got a favourite, but summer might just have the leading edge.
Experience Montréal's famed festivals for yourself this summer, from outdoor music extravaganzas to high-speed F1 racing and an international fireworks competition. Balance all that activity out with art-filled walks through the city's quaint neighbourhoods and memorable dinners out on the town.
- Join a cheering crowd under the setting sun for the Montréal International Jazz Festival's massive opening show at downtown's Place des Festivals
- Grab your sunglasses and get ready for anything as over a hundred indie-rock, hip hop and electronic acts thrill music fans at three-day festival Osheaga in beautiful Parc Jean-Drapeau
- Laugh along with the clowns and let your jaw drop at the incredible acrobatics of MONTRÉAL COMPLÈTEMENT CiRQUE's astounding shows
- Dance your heart out at Piknic Electronik every Sunday afternoon and at the MUTEK festival in August, both featuring some of the best electronic producers and DJs in the world
- See artists create wall-sized new art before your eyes as you walk up traffic-free Saint-Laurent Boulevard during MURAL Fest