Dig into Montréal's famous food culture
Montréal is famed for its food, from a culinary scene that's endlessly innovative and wildly creative to tried-and-true local cuisine traditions. Swanky bistros, casual eateries and pop-up restaurants all make Montréal's gastronomy experiences as spectacular as they are delicious. Sample the diversity with tried-and-true classics or sate your cravings with new culinary twists.
Live like the locals and indulge in an array of tasty treats. With over 120 cultures influencing our culinary offer, established and up-and-coming chefs constantly surprising us and open-air markets overflowing with local produce, the city has plenty to thrill your taste buds.
- Bite into a fresh bagel pulled piping-hot from a wood-fired oven.
- Browse our many public markets that overflow with farm-fresh products and artisanal delicacies.
- Sip a delicious craft beer from one of the city’s many microbreweries.
- Sink your teeth into a juicy smoked meat sandwich from Schwartz’s delicatessen.
- Try our maple products: from butter to taffy to ice cream, the choices are sweet!
- Indulge in poutine, that tantalizing trifecta of fries, cheese curds and gravy.
- Check out any one of our culinary events for an inside peek on what’s hot and new on Montréal’s foodscape.
In a city famous for its vibrant food scene, the options are endless: classic Parisian-style bistros, curbside terraces, elegant restaurants to eclectic ones.