Montréal's best views awe and inspire
Views of Montréal range from amazingly epic to humbly beautiful, seen from balconies, rooftops and mountain peaks. Architectural wonders, sprawling natural spaces, and the almighty St. Lawrence that encircles the island give Montréal a scenic urban grandeur unlike any other place. It’s also a city of visual contrasts: parks next to high-rises, ornate cathedrals next to modernist masterpieces by Mies Van der Rohe, bustling streets and flowing rivers. Whether you're craning your neck upwards from the base of the Notre-Dame Basilica or basking in the panorama view from the summit viewpoint of Mount Royal (where on a clear day, you can see all the way to the rolling Laurentian Mountains), a visit to Montréal is an all-you-can-see buffet for the eyes.
Montréal from its best angles
While Montréal is an infinitely photographable city, these must-see points of interest aren’t just some of the prettiest spots in town, they also rank amongst the city’s most tagged locales on Instagram. Get your selfie sticks at the ready.
- Snap a group shot from at the Kondiaronk lookout on Mount Royal.
- Kick-back in the grass around Buckminster Fuller’s futuristic Biosphere in Parc Jean-Drapeau.
- Experience Montréal from the sky and get an entirely new perspective on the city in La Grande Roue
- The Observatoire Place Ville Marie, an observation deck with 360° views
- Enjoy spectacular views from the world’s tallest inclined tower, the Montréal Tower