Let loose with Montréal's nightlife
Montréal's nightlife ordinarily electrifies every day of the week, from the moment the working day ends to that first light on the horizon. But the party starts on a relaxing note: replace “happy hour” with “5 à 7” and you'll fit right in sipping cocktails or craft brews with new friends. Going out at night, listen to local bands and sounds from around the world at live music venues, dance the tango or make your own moves to late-night electro. And from summer to winter, join the jovial festival crowds outdoors for live music and cultural performances, great food and drink.
Noteworthy nights out on the town
Even with so much to do after dark, Montréal's always experimenting with new drinks, DJs and late-night festival happenings. From tried-and-true sports bars and chilled-out patios to the latest indie rock bands, the night belongs to everyone.
- Spend a summer evening on a restaurant terrasse, drink in hand as the sun sets
- Stay out late in the name of excellent music at the Jazz Fest, Nuits d'Afrique and MUTEK in summer and Igloofest and MONTRÉAL EN LUMIÈRE in winter
- Savour the good stuff at casual yet trendy wine bars or opt for an assortment of local beers at the city's numerous microbreweries
- Dance like nobody's watching as international electro producers bring the beats to New City Gas, Newspeak and afterhours club Stereo
- Discover local bands before they're the next big thing at the city's best live music venues, from downtown to Mile End