Every flag flies high in Montréal
Montréal has long been a gathering place for LGBTQ+ communities from across the globe and the city celebrates inclusivity and diversity all year long, reaching a fever pitch every August for Montréal Pride. The scene extends across the island, each borough with its own unique ven-ues and events. Join the hipsters of Hochelaga for LuvHaus and dance to Latinx rhythms at Dis-coño. Get up close and personal with the local drag community at Cabaret Mado, under the guiding hand of legendary queen Mado Lamotte. Enjoy hand-crafted cocktails over a set of bowling at Notre-Dame-Des-Quilles or a tasty lunch at Dépanneur Le Pick Up. Leap into the pages of Lez Spread the Word magazine at one of their intimate soirées—after grabbing a copy at L’Euguélionne bookstore—or flirt across the epic dance floors at Stereo. Wherever your trav-els take you in queer Montréal, expect nothing less than the friendliest of proud welcomes.
On your marks, get set, go!
Montréal’s LGBTQ+ community is constantly changing, evolving and eternally vibrant. Here’s some of our latest favourite starting points for an unforgettable queer MTL itinerary.
- Introduce yourself to Montréal’s LGBTQ+ family in The Village, North America’s oldest and largest historically queer home base.
- Celebrate Montréal Pride at its performances, parties and outdoor dances you’ll remember for a lifetime.
- Enjoy a coffee or a glass of natural wine at Pastel Rita in the Mile End (and get that commemorative tattoo in their backroom studio).
- Meet Montréal’s drag king community at ManSpread, hosted by local leader Charli DeVille.
- Explore Montréal’s lesbian scene at parties hosted by BLUSH, Sweet Like Honey, Lust Cove and Ellelui (who also made us this handy guide of venues and events in the city).
- Chat up a fellow cinephile in line for a screening at the annual image+nation LGBTQueer film festival.
- Peruse the selection of feminist, queer titles at L’Euguélionne bookstore
- Encounter contemporary artworks by members of the 2-spirited indigenous community at daphne.
Great fares to Montréal
Air Canada offers the most daily non-stop flights to Montréal from many cities across Canada and the United States.
With its award-winning service and great fares, North America’s Best Airline can offer you an incredible travel experience.