Every flag flies high in Montréal
Montréal has long been a gathering place for LGBTQ communities from across the globe and the city celebrates inclusivity and diversity all year long, reaching a fever pitch every August for Montréal Pride. The scene extends across the island, each borough with its own unique ven-ues and events. Join the hipsters of Hochelaga for LuvHaus and dance to Latinx rhythms at Dis-coño. Get up close and personal with the local drag community at Cabaret Mado, under the guiding hand of legendary queen Mado Lamotte. Enjoy hand-crafted cocktails over a set of bowling at Notre-Dame-Des-Quilles or a tasty lunch at Dépanneur Le Pick Up. Leap into the pages of Lez Spread the Word magazine at one of their intimate soirées—after grabbing a copy at L’Euguélionne bookstore—or flirt across the epic dance floors at Stereo. Wherever your trav-els take you in queer Montréal, expect nothing less than the friendliest of proud welcomes.
On your marks, get set, go!
Montréal’s LGBTQ community is constantly changing, evolving and eternally vibrant. Here’s some of our latest favourite starting points for an unforgettable queer MTL itinerary.
- Introduce yourself to Montréal’s LGBTQ family in The Village, North America’s oldest and largest historically queer home base.
- Celebrate Montréal Pride at its performances, parties and outdoor dances you’ll remember for a lifetime.
- Enjoy a coffee or a glass of natural wine at Pastel Rita in the Mile End (and get that commemorative tattoo in their backroom studio).
- Meet Montréal’s drag king community at ManSpread, hosted by local leader Charli DeVille.
- Explore Montréal’s lesbian scene at parties hosted by BLUSH, Sweet Like Honey, Lust Cove and Ellelui (who also made us this handy guide of venues and events in the city).
- Chat up a fellow cinephile in line for a screening at the annual image+nation LGBTQueer film festival.
- Peruse the selection of feminist, queer titles at L’Euguélionne bookstore
- Encounter contemporary artworks by members of the 2-spirited indigenous community at daphne.
Great fares to Montréal
Air Canada offers the most daily non-stop flights to Montréal from many cities across Canada and the United States.
With its award-winning service and great fares, North America’s Best Airline can offer you an incredible travel experience.